OCTOBER 5 TO 15
HUMANORIUM – A STRANGE CARNIVAL
Jardins Gamelin – Place Émilie-Gamelin
Complete with tents, trailers, rides and a shooting gallery, HUMANORIUM harks back to 19th- and 20th-century carnivals, except all its attractions were created by contemporary artists. After a ride on the shopping-cart carousel, check out cabinets of curiosities packed with assorted sculptures, photographs and soundscapes. And don’t miss the bone-chilling Museum of Death. It’s part travelling exhibit, part freak show – and entirely sublime!
A CARNIVAL ATMOSPHERE
The snack bar in Les Jardins Gamelin will serve up classic carnival fare.
The band Oktopus will kick off HUMANORIUM at the official opening on October 5 at 5:30 p.m. The four-piece band plays instrumentals with Eastern European roots, transformed through wild arrangements. They will play Les Jardins Gamelin weekdays at 5 and 7 p.m. and weekends at 2 to 4 p.m.
DJ Touski will also be performing at the opening as well as providing a soundtrack inspired by Balkans music, which would be heard during HUMANORIUM.
Official opening: Thursday 5 october at 5:30 p.m.
Mon. to Fri.: 11:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Sat. and Sun.: 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
*Sunday, Oct. 15: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Le Carrousel, BGL (Quebec, CA)
- Le Musée de la mort, Jack Burman (Toronto, CA)
- Le Freak show, Joan Fontcuberta (Barcelone, ES)
- La Chambre des curiosités 1, Dgino Cantin (Quebec, CA)
- La Chambre des curiosités 2, Louis Fortier (Montreal, CA)
- Le Petit acousmonium, Érick d'Orion (Montreal, CA)
- Zoltar le cadavre exquis, Théâtre Rude Ingénierie (Quebec, CA)
- Le Stand de tir, Marc Séguin (Montreal, CA)
- Sirenomena, Dgino Cantin (Quebec, CA)
- La Machine à vue / Ka Masinacteparik, Eruoma Awashish et Nicolas Lévesque (Roberval / Saguenay, CA)
A project by EXMURO ART PUBLICS
Curators: Vincent Roy and Ève Cadieux